Monday, January 20, 2014

Amazing AND Easy Pulled Pork Sandwiches

So it appears I have been making pulled pork wrong all these years (I actually haven't made it that often, but still.....) After having this recipe, I now intend to make it Very Often.

Original recipe and photo is from flouronmyface.com. Go here for recipe and photo instructions and go here for some awesome looking coleslaw

Original Recipe: (see below for my tweaks)
Ingredients
  • 4 pounds boneless pork riblets
  • 1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray BBQ Sauce
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar (optional)
Instructions
  1. Pour half the bottle BBQ sauce into the bottom of the crock pot.
  2. Add all the riblets.
  3. Pour the remaining bbq sauce over the riblets.
  4. Add seasonings and brown sugar if using..
  5. Mix to cover the pork.
  6. Cook on high for 4 hours.
  7. When done cooking use a fork to pull the pork apart.
  8. Serve on buns with a side of coleslaw and macaroni salad.

I used a boneless whole pork loin that I had in the freezer, which I thawed and cut in half to fit it in my smaller crockpot. So I did almost half a bottle of sweet baby ray's in the bottom, pork loin, then more BBQ sauce, sprinkled in dry mustard, garlic powder and brown sugar.
And that was it. When I was ready to prepare it all - maybe 4 to 5 hours later, the meat just shredded apart in the crockpot with a fork and I mixed it together and voila! Amazing, deep, rich sauce and I did buy some coleslaw and potato salad to enjoy with it :)

easy, crock pot, pulled pork, sandwiches, summer,


No comments:

Post a Comment