Saturday, September 17, 2011

Deals and Steals

I get excited about deals I find - I am not a "couponer" since I haven't yet found the time or energy to tackle that, but here's a few things I have been doing that I think are pretty neat ideas:

Swagbucks
Go here for a better explanation - this is the blogpost that got me started on it:
http://spaulk.blogspot.com/2010/09/swagbucks.html
I do the search, daily poll, NOSO, swagtv occasionally and the trusted surveys. There's a lot I'm not utilizing, but that's all I do and not daily. Even so I have already earned a gift card!

Huggies Enjoy the Ride points & Pampers Gifts to Grow - I have been earning points toward gift cards just by buying diapers...easy enough :)

Blue Cross Blue Shield blue points - I was really faithful with tracking what I ate, my activities, doing a wellness plan type of thing and would earn points for it through my insurance. I earned two $200 giftcards through this. I have not done this since having Lucy because I don't have a computer except on the weekends...but plan on getting started again. Also, they no longer give out giftcards from what I've heard but you can earn other prizes based on your points.

Starbucks registered card - free drink on your bday, free syrup shots, free refills on coffee, free drink with coffee bean purchase, free drink at gold level and then every 15 purchases after that
Just this week I got a bag of pike's place roast and a free pumpkin spice latte (Pike's was up to $11.95 but I used to get it for $9.95 which is a great deal when you get a free $3.50-$4.00 drink)
TJ Maxx - my mom has been buying jumbo bags of starbucks coffee from here - $14.99 for 2 lbs or $16.99 for 2.5 lbs and I bought two 12 oz bags of "cup of joe" starbucks coffee for $5.99 each from TJ and you can take the bags in for a free cup of coffee, so that is definitely worth the purchase!

Dominicks/Safeway stores - they do a lot of online coupons, so I log in and add all my coupons and they also do deal match with Jewel, Target and Walmart sometimes, so I add those deals onto my card as well. Feel like that's the easiest way for me to be able to go to one store and still be getting bargains.
Also Walmart matches any sale price on anything, a friend of mine with 3 kids under 3 and another on the way goes to walmart for everything and utilizes the dealmatch for everything and has gotten some great deals.

Email lists - I'm on email lists for Maggianos, Macaroni Grill, Caribou, Starbucks, coldstone, dunkin donuts, etc. And they send out coupons, free bday/anniversary offers, etc. Always nice if we already have a giftcard there or need a date night and love getting something free for my bday :)

Anyone have any great deals or ways they earn points for things worth sharing?? Would love to hear about them!

6 comments:

  1. hopefully you get the zulily emails?! they're the best...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I don't! I will check into it now - thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, absolutely looking into these options! Thanks Rach!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so bad at coupons and looking at this stuff. Thanks for the good links and thoughts, these are all great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all great! I LOVE Swagbucks! Also, you need to look into doing coupons, it's not as time consuming as one might think :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know - I need to talk to you about the coupons :)

    ReplyDelete