I need to try this pronto..........since I Always have stale bread laying around!
Ingredients:5-6 leftover hotdog buns, cubed (It's helpful if the bread has been frozen and thawed a bit- allowing the bread to be a bit firmer for cutting.)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 c olive oil
10+ basil leaves, chopped
1. Finely chop 2 garlic cloves and mix with 1/4 cup olive oil.
2. Microwave the mixture for about 15 seconds. (This really opens up the garlic flavor!)
3. Chop up about 10 basil leaves.
4. Stir oil mixture and basil together.
5. Add about 1 tsp salt and a few dashes of pepper.
6. Mix together cubed bread and basil mixture.
7. Lay flat on a greased cookie sheet and cook at 325 for 25 minutes