Friday, March 15, 2013

Caprese Grilled Cheese

Not sure if I have posted about these or not. But you MUST try this sandwich.
It's easy and so, so good. You can thank me later.
Extra delicious in the summer time when you grow your own basil and tomatoes!


Caprese Grilled Cheese

2 Slices sourdough bread 
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Fresh basil, chopped
A few slices tomatoes
Butter
Garlic powder

Spread two slices of bread with butter and sprinkle with a little garlic powder. Fill the bread with cheese, tomatoes, and chopped basil. Broil in the oven or fry on the stovetop until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is completely melted.



Recipe & photo here

4 comments:

  1. This is making my mouth water! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oregano. That's my magic grilled cheese trick! Sprinkle a little on the cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh oregano - never thought of that, will have to try!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a staple in my household. We purchase the fresh mozzarella, roma tomatoes, and the bake it yourself Italian bread. Cook the bread, put a little olive oil on one side, good nutty pesto on the other, melt the cheese, and add the tomatoes. We call them "European Sandwiches" since all I had was this when I was traveling.

    ReplyDelete